Blogger Backgrounds

Tuesday 28 June 2016

Get in…You're the driver of your Life








I have been reading some of the posts people have shared here and I was reminded of a talk I had done years ago.  It was about “Love” and “Fear”.  For the purpose of this post lets switch out Love for “Positive” and Fear for “Negative”.  This is the talk I shared at a networking event as a guest speaker.  I was talking how we are impacted by our thoughts and feelings we have.  
This was the talk…

I had listened to a webinar from Tony Robbins.  He talked about various things.  One of the topics was about what you fill your “Well”.  Pain causes a well to form in yourself.  But what you choose to fill it with is up to you.  Do you fill it with “Negative” or “Positive”? 
 
Do you fill it with “Negative” or “Positive”?

 Most, including myself had at one time chosen to fill my well with “Negative” instead of “Positive”.  But I have chosen to face my fears and uncertainties, now my life is going a different direction.  It unlocks and lets opportunities to come you.  Your past does not have to equal your future.  When we learn from our past and live in the present, it’s you who creates your future. 

I liked what Tony Robbins said, “Change your focus.  Change your Life.”  It’s interesting how we are affected by “Positive” and “Negative” thoughts.   Both have an impact on our daily lives.  They say we allow fear to rule or regulate our decisions.  I can only speak from my own experiences.  Fear was behind the wheel of my Life. 

Then I switched off the ignition from the passenger seat.  Told Fear to get out and they did.  The control was regained and I got my Life back.   Fear is in our minds.  If you let it dictate your life.  Then you really are not in control and Fear is.  The point I am making is this.  Fear is a thought and it can be removed.  By acknowledging the “Fear”.  Your mind will be able to face and will overcome it. 

"Get in…you are the driver of your Life"

I have published two books.  Both are filled with my photography and the second book is with my positive thoughts, poems that I have written and other positive phrases that I wanted to share with others.  Had I allowed the fear I had to continue be the driver behind the wheel of my Life. 
I would not have the confidence and believe in myself to publish a 2013 Calendar, “Picture this...” and “Words of Influence” books.  These would not exist if fear was allowed to stay.  I am living proof that that having faith in yourself makes things possible. 

“Have faith, oh wait.  Tim McGraw has Faith.”  Now I jest, but believe in yourself and others will believe in you also.  We are only the ones who limit our own potential.  Unlock your potential and share your talents.  This is was one of the many topics I shared at the event.  I believe the message in this talk is relative to how people are feeling and thinking about the work opportunities in Alberta.  What is happening in Alberta's economy is impacting everyone.  

I thought I would share this topic which I had at a networking event I attended.  Be the Positive impact in your Life and to those around you.   If you liked this please let me know and if you want to share this with others please do.  Have an eventful day and be the change of something amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment