Blogger Backgrounds

Saturday 19 May 2012

A Mentor Is Like A Compass


I would recommend any one who wants to improve themselves to get a mentor.  They are not there to be a friend but keep you on track.  Their purpose is to guide you to where you set your milestones and achieve your goals.



Just like a compass helps sea captains navigate through the seven seas.  Your "Mentor", will assist you in navigating through the deep waters of your life.  More importantly, your life.  Most successful people have a mentor and some even have more than just one.

 The Mentor

Mentors can be used for various aspects of your life.  It depends what you want to work on. There are fitness coach can be considered as a mentor.  Their focus is your success.  Personally, I am thankful for my two mentors.  They have been instrumental in paving the road to my success.  They are my "Life Compass".  Should I ever veer off course, they are there to bring my back on track.

Understand that a Mentor is someone who you are choosing to to guide you.  Both my mentors have mentors themselves.   "Lead by Example", is what is called.  I do my best to practice what I write.  If I can over come these hurdles.  Then you can also achieve greatness.  It is possible to succeed.  You have to choose. 

 "Lead by Example"

Not all mentors are equal either. There are mentors out there that claim to be success full and they are not.  You need to do you own "Do Diligence".  They can make things instead of better, they can get worse.  Just like any investment.  Do your homework, check out their history.  Have them give you referrals.  It is your life and therefore, your responsibility to take ownership of your path.

"Do your homework."

Your mentor makes your accountable for completing your milestones that lead to your goals.  I am very fortunate that I two phenomenally, amazing, and talented mentors.  They both are happily married, successful in their own right and own their homes.  I wanted a mentor because I wanted more for myself.  My mentors keep me on track and encourage me to learn more. 



I encourage you all to find your mentor.  I needed a compass to guide me through the forest of doubt, fear and low self esteem.  Find your "Life Compass".  It will change your life. 

"Life Compass"

No comments:

Post a Comment