Blogger Backgrounds

Friday 19 April 2013

We Are Here On the Planet to Serve Others



As I had mentioned earlier, I am reading a book called, “See You At The Top.”  I came across a story Zig was sharing about a Businessman and a Beggar.  The beggar was selling pencils at the subway platform.  

 The Beggar

The businessman drops a dollar into the cup the beggar was holding and proceeds to board the train. He pauses, takes a step back and grabs several of the pencils from the cup.  



 The Businessman

He apologizes to the beggar for being in haste. He had forgot to grab his pencils.  He hoped he would not be upset.  He says to the beggar,” After all, you are a businessman just like myself.  You have merchandise to sell and it ‘s fairly priced. “ with that, got onto the train.  



A few months later at a social function.  The businessman is approached by a man in suit.  “You may not remember me and  I don’t know your name, but I will never forget you.  You are the man who gave me back my self respect.  I as a “beggar” selling pencils until you came along and told me I was a businessman. “



Zig wrote that a wise man said, “A lot of people have gone further than they thought they could because someone else thought they could.”  How we may see others has an impact which ignites the spark of influence to light the flame of potential that is laying dormant in all of us.  

 "The Flame of Potential"

We are destined for “Greatness” what is yours is for you to discover.  We don’t allow ourselves to believe we are capable of becoming more that what we think we can do.  I speak directly from my own experiences and let me tell you.  

I am realizing the more I read and truly listen to what Zig is sharing.  He has been where I am and is where I want to be.  That is why I am sharing my experience because if I can reach just one you.  Then I served my purpose.  

 Once you help others reach their dreams.  You will reach your dreams also.  We are here on the planet to serve others.

 We are here on the planet to serve others








No comments:

Post a Comment